Monday, September 17, 2007

IF I COULD SKATE..

I WOULD BUY EACH ONE OF THESE CUTIES!! But unfortunately, I am too old to be breaking any bone in my body unnecessarily (In my opinion, skating needs to tackled at a younger age like 11 when you are more fearless!) These are the beautiful products of the collaboration between Supreme and Takashi Murakami and Mr. for an upcoming series of skate decks.







Murakami works in both fine arts media as well as commercial media and he blurs the boundaries in both low and high art. He is a living art legend in my eyes with distinct influences from manga and anime (which I both love!). Mr. 's style is also greatly influenced by the Otaku (manga/anime) culture in Japan with, anime-like two- and three-dimensional representations of joyful adolescents..however his decks and art have a slightly more sexual side to it as you can see..it won't take you long to distinguish which artist painted which deck!
Also, Ironically, Mr. was discovered by Takashi Murakami in 1995 and has since been involved with Murakami's art organization Kaikai Kiki..

Anyway, I think it's better for you all to google/research them anyway to get the full biography and to also educate yourself of these two incredible artists because the only thing that seems to come out of my mouth when I hear their names is "They're dope!" which doesn't translate into good English..

The series will include a set of 3 decks designed by each artist and they will be available at Supreme locations Los Angeles, New York and Japan as well as selected shops.



Until next time..
Asantewa
xx

No comments: