Friday, December 15, 2006

VERSACE ATTITUDE

While roaming around on the internet i stumbled upon this amazingly dedicated blog about Versace Attitude. Its so coooool and has prompted the post of VERSACE APPRECIATION! It contains all of the amazing archive ad campaigns by legendary Steven Meisel, including early ones of Kate Moss, Madonna etc, along with catwalk pictures and Versace as seen on the red carpet. It is a mammoth collection of images!! I have no idea what the blogger is saying as its all in French but there are images on every single post. My favourite Versace collections are the Azzedine Alaia-esque ones with lots of cut out, bondage, straps, zips, pins, much like the "dress" that propelled Liz Hurley to fame in the 90s. And even now, although I find Versace doesn't have that ultra gold, glam, pattern, that i loved about it as a kid, Donatella is still creating the most sublime collections. The Spring/summer 07 one is blowing my mind. Its exactly my dressed up style of short dresses in strange shapes with cut aways and the highest chunkiest heels (see post above). Remember back in the day when it was all about rocking some maaaaad printed Versace shirt wth clocks, and chains on it? I was always too young for that style, but I'd watch my older cousin buy nuff designer shit and be like "One day I'M going to wear a disgusting printed shirt like that! uh huh thats right!"







No comments: