Wednesday, February 07, 2007

LEAVING ON A JET PLANE...

So it was my first flight a few weeks ago to Barcelona, but that wasn't really a proper flight. My 11 hour flight to LA yesterday was a proper flight! I went to bed at 2am the night before. I hadn't even packed because I was so busy running around doing stuff. I got in my house at 12am and mooched around for a few hours before crashing out. I woke up at 6am completely ill with a cold. My head ached, my nose was runny then blocked and my throat was sore. Just what I needed! I wasn't even bothered about going. It was only when I checked in and dropped off my suitcase at Heathrow that I had a huge grin on my face! Grace called me while I was waiting to be searched, and made me even more excited. I almost missed my flight because I was waiting a fucking age to get some dollars, which I still don't have now. I ran to my gate, wheezing like Darth Vader (I really need to get fit) and got on board. The plane was so cool. I listened to a mixtape for the first few hours that a special friend made me. Then I watched two films. I was sitting next to this American woman who didn't talk the whole way. I think they sat us next to each other because I ordered a kosher meal, and so did she. To be honest, I only ordered a Kosher meal because I was curious as to what I would get for it...

The flight was cool. Call me naive, but i didnt realise i would be flying above the clouds. I said the other day that my Easyjet flight was the fastest I had even travelled on Earth but now I've travelled faster and higher! Looking over the clouds was surreal. Once we had reached the States it was just so beautiful to see all the mountains and deserts and valleys beneath me. On the descent we went through the clouds and it was amazing! you really do feel like you are in heaven. At one point the clouds made a little valley so you were surrounded by them but you could still see blue sky, it felt ethereal. Then I could see LA, looking just like it did in the movies, lots of neat little grids of cute Monopoly houses and a few skyscrapers here and there. It felt like we were landing right in the middle of the city. We got there half an hour early. I guess the British transport systems reputation doesn't carry over the oceans...



I can't believe they take your photo and your fingerprints on entry to the US. Ho scary!! Then I got my bag searched! Because I looked SUSPICIOUS!!! Hahaha! It was because I was pacing around waiting for my bag as I really needed the toilet. So then I went to the toilet and went back and waited for my bag. Then when my bag came I went back to the toilet to fix my face. So they said i looked suspicious and searched me, and asked me a ton of questions. Weird.

Finally I made it outta LAX and met Dianne (Cooks) and her friend Kat. We jumped in Diannes car and started chatting a ton of shit as if we had known each other for ages! It was so cool. Me and Dianne are very similar in our outlooks and opinions and I'm really happy to be with them. We went to the MALL, haha!



And then we went back to Diannes moms, where she made us some dinner, then we went to Dianne's best friend Ange, where I was staying. The house is really beautiful and there is a pool but i didnt bring a proper bikini. Her little sisters are too cute, I may adopt them as my own...

ANGIES SISTER ANNA


DIANNE + KAT


I was so exhausted by now. I been awake like 24 hours or something. I took a bath, washed my hair and went to bed, I conked out straight away.



But then I woke up at 7.30am this morning. I met Anges parents and her grandma cooked me breakfast this morning. She is the CUTEST grandma! She is so lovely and sweet and I was telling her all about London.

Now i'm dressed and I'm gonna go Kats and she is like the groups honorary beauty salon, so she's gonna do my hair and my eyebrows. Then i'm go explore...

No comments: