Thursday, September 27, 2007

DO I BELONG HERE?

Is everyone's life really shit right now?

No?

Must be just me then.

I'm a girl of simple pleasures and in times like this, it's the little things that make a difference.

Today, one of those things arrived in the shape of a lovely new pair of Jordan 4s in white and blue. That got me all warm-hearted and shit. I skipped down to reception to collect it like Shirley Temple on crack in stark contrast to all my other journeys this week where I've been dragging my heels like some morbidly obese hippo.

Then I started reading this book of short stories by Miranda July called 'No-One Belongs Here More Than You'.

It's just a few tales on ordinary people living ordinary lives, real 'something about nothing' stories, but the way she tells them is so fresh and witty. Finding a new author you like is a bit like making a new friend for life. I felt that when I started reading Haruki Murakami too. So Miranda's book made me all warm-hearted as well. And her cool little website on a three-dollar budget made me smile. You should check it out.

Then I went to that vintage shop by the Seven Dials in Covent Garden and found an old-school red and blue Nike windbreaker that I'd been trying to get for ages for only £10! Now all I have to do is fix the zip. And sew the right cuff. And lose two stone so that it fits. Apart from that, it's perfect!

That's all.


P.S. Sorry to anyone who read the title of this post and thought I was going to be outlining my suicide plans or some shit.

1 comment:

lollla said...

i bloody love collecting things from reception...apart from when those things are heavy boxes.