Monday, November 20, 2006

STUSSY WORLD TOUR FILM

On Saturday we all went to the Stussy World Tour film at the NFT, a documentary covering a few of the artists who had contributed to the World Tour tee series. Before I got in there I literally ran into Jack and the rest of the BMXers at the stairs of the bridge. It was dark and there was a mob of them. Sorta made me see why old people get scared of the kids... Anyways, it was so good to see everyone down there on the South Bank.The last time everyone got together at the NFT was for the Just For Kicks screening around this time last year. So many hot boys, so few girls! The film was good, but obviously there is always room for improvement. It was a little difficult to watch artist after artist after artist. Maybe it would've been edited so they were all intergrated. Nonetheless you can't complain as these sorta films about shit we're into are few and far between. It was cool so see some of my heroes actually walking n talking as opposed to just viewing their work. I don't believe you necessarily have to know an arists background and personality to enjoy their work, but it helps me to place it in a better context and understand it fully when I know who they are and where they are about. There was no mention of the Stussy tees at all or any images but i suppose the focus was on the artists. For me, Eric Haze was one of the most intelligent dudes on the film. Some of the stuff he was saying was so true I had to stop myself shouting "Uh huh thats right!" like some ghetto old lady at church. Neckface was absolutely hilarious and Brent Rollins...ooooooooh what can I say?! He is sooooo talented as well as being easy on the eye. Kaws was also real good in the film, he works sooo hard!! and it was wicked to see old school heads like Wes Humpston talk about origination. They also interviewed Mister Cartoon, Neckface, Gary Panter, Kostas Seremetis, Sk8 Thing, Tetsu "Tet" Nishiyama, Geoff McFetridge, Rob Abeyta, Eric Elms, Futura, Ghost, and KR. Afterwards there was a Q&A with Kaws, Geoff, Kostas Seremetis and the director Adam Jay Weissman. I can't remember the name of the dude who was hosting it but he was boring as fuck! I asked a good question and they all seemed to skip around the answer, but i think it coulda been a lot more informal.

Then the full flava crew (haha!) went to Dirty Canvas at the ICA and got down n durty to some grime, then we went to an all nightee rave on Kingsland Road. I'm terribly sleepy today. Whatsmore, we don;t have any pics because Jenny Welsh lost her camera!!! Oh Dear!!!

I'm sure we'll get some pics soon and i'll put em up asap. For now you'll have to settle for some clips from the movie and the trailer







No comments: