Friday, August 03, 2007

HOMAGE

So lately I’ve been noticing that fashion has been paying homage to the glamorous ( I can’t even spell the word without singing fergie’s joint g-l-a-m..blast you!) women of the 30s,40s,50s and early 60s…I love it! I.E. alexsander mcqueen’s models wearing Elizabeth taylor Cleopatra style make up and blunt fringes (bangs) and the femme fatale/film noir look of valentino’s new ad campaign..it’s got me watching Cat on the tin roof, double indemnity, gone with the wind, Carmen jones,, how to marry a millionaire..it’s also got me thinking about some of the women I see on a day to day basis…

The poise and grace of those women were flawless and still is. Lol who else but Elizabeth taylor would be wheel chair bound but still managing to look sick! But when I see a girl tossing (handjob) a boy off in a club( which I did see) and my friend seeing some people having sex at a bus stop in Camden..sometimes i think what the f**k is going on?
Dorothy Dandrige would turn in her grave..and it’s not even about make-up coz I know I’m the most low maintenance person I know but I just feel sometimes that those women pushing boundaries in the early 20th century were wasting their time.

And also (even tho I’m all for independent, strong females) I miss the chivalry of some men..the “I’ll fight for you, take care of you” men that I see in those films. I dunno maybe I’m deluded and stuck in a time warp.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Queen B said...

You are not alone on this one, I loved watching those movies where the female leads would have to do is bat they eyelashes and the guys would be going crazy. One of my favourite icons is Rita Hayworth, Nowadays you can just look at those daily rag newspapers an the paps jus take cheap shots of some slebs' skirt or hotpants, sometimes they don't even wear knickers do they? Sorry don't mean to rant but this has got me thinking....